What to do after migration?
If you received this guide, it means that your migration is complete. We recommend that you read the following information to help you better understand all the steps to be taken after the migration.
First of all, you should check if page is loading correctly
- Open your browser in incognito/private mode,
- Enter your website address,
- Log on to the site and check it out:
- Do individual pages look the same as on the old hosting/server?
- Do you see all pictures on the site?
- Is there any text on the page missing?
- Does sending message from the contact form work?
- If it is a shop, does the whole ordering process work?
- If there was an information about a technical break on the old page, it should no longer be visible on the new page.
Check if all your access data is working - How do I log in to cPanel?
If there was no information about changing passwords in the migration report, then they remained the same as they were at the beginning.
Current passwords to mailboxes are sent in a separate request in the Client Area.
Access data to the server were sent when setting up an account to the email address given in the client area.
Default hosting account panel is cPanel. It is a graphical interface for easy management of domains and their files. Click to learn more about hosting management from cPanel.
Verification of e-mails after migration
When migrating mail to our servers, you will need to check settings of your mail clients. Below you will find some tips on how to do this:
The mail web panel will be available at webmail.domain_name.eu. Below you will find some tutorials related to the configuration of webmail:
- How to log in to the mail via webmail?
- How to set up a signature in the emails in Roundcube?
- How to change time zone in webmail?
How does mail synchronization during and after migration look like?
During mail synchronization, please do not change passwords to mail for at least 24 hours. During the day and the next day, mail synchronization will be performed to make sure that all messages, that may have reached old server have also been transferred to us. It may take up to 24 hours to propagate the changes.
We would like to remind you that mail migration does not include contact list, and that after migration you will need to check your mail client settings.
In case of any problems, we also post some useful articles:
- Why can't I see my website?
- How do I clear my browser cache?
- How long does it take for each service to start?
- How does the domain transfer proceed?
Thank you for showing us your trust in carrying out the migration, and we are happy to have been able to do it for You. If you are satisfied with our services and You think we are recommendable, you can do it here:
migracja, migration, checklist, checklista, mail migration, migracja poczty, migracja strony, site migration, transfer domeny, domain transfer