Tworzenie bazy danych zostało pokazane w poradniku How to create a database using MySQL Database Wizard? This method is recommended due to its complexity. Here we will show you how to manage databases and users of databases that already exist.
Note: After changing names or passwords, you should update this data in the CMS, otherwise your website will stop working!
Where do you manage the databases?
- Log in to Your cPanel account.
- Under Databases, click "MySQL Databases". From here you will be able to perform the operations described below.
Create New Database
In this section we can create a new database.
- New database - provide new database name,
- Press "Create Database", to add database.
Here you have two options:
- Check database - select the database you wish to check and press "Check database".,
- Repair database - if the table in the database has been marked as corrupted (for example, by checking above), then select the database from the list and press "Repair database".
Here we have a table that shows all the databases, from here you can do the following things:
- Privileged Users - pressing "user name" moves to the page with the selection of this user's privileges for the database, pressing "trash icon" withdraws user privileges for this database,
- Actions - click "Rename" to change database name, "Delete" will remove database (user stays).
Add New User
Here you can create a user:
- Username - provide username,
- Password - the longer, the better!
- Password (Again) - type same password as in field above.
Add User to Database
When you have a database and a user, this is where you can give the user privileges to the database.
- User - choose user from list,
- Database - select the database for which you want to grant the user privileges from the list,
- After click "Add" you will be redirected to the privilege selection screen.
In this table you can see the previously added users you can manage.
- Change password - changing the password for the database user,
- Rename - database user name change,
- Delete - deleting the user (the assigned base stays).