The most important thing is to have an FTP account on the hosting. Then you only need to follow a few steps described below to connect to an FTP account.
Connecting to FTP using Total Commander
- Download the program from the official project website and install it. After starting, go to the "Net" tab and select "FTP Connect..."(or Ctrl+F).
- In the newly opened window, select "New connection...".
- In the next window, complete the fields listed below.
- Session - the name of the connection visible later in the application,
- Hostname - we provide our domain in ftp.my_domain.eu format, for example ftp.thecamels.eu,
- select the SSL/TLS option,
- User name - FTP account name,
- Password - account password,
- click "OK".
- In the connection window (from point 2), you will see the name of the session you set previously. Select it and click "Connect".
- You will see a warning about the certificate, select "Always trust this server" and then "Yes".